What is Chiropody, and how can it help you?
Chiropody is the practice of assessing and treating pathologies of the foot. Chiropodists and Podiatrists in Ontario are primary health care providers and are the only experts trained in all aspects of foot health including dermatology, biomechanics, sports medicine, neurology, and vascular health.
I first became interested in the Chiropody profession from a young age. Growing up I had played many sports, and as a result, I suffered a wide range of sport-related injuries. I experienced plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and several ankle sprains all throughout my adolescent life. I was exposed to Chiropody at this time and I witnessed first-hand the positive impact it had on my daily life. Having orthotics to offload the pathological pressures and correct my biomechanics allowed for my body to recover and rehabilitate from these injuries. Being able to maintain an active lifestyle with no pain or limitations was a large reason I chose to pursue this wonderful profession!
Some of the main services offered by Chiropodists include the following:
- Diabetic nail care, callous debridement and corn enucleation
- Treatment of diabetic wounds and ulcers
- Routine non-diabetic foot care
- Treatment of common skin conditions and infections such as plantar warts
- Assessment of the vascular and neurological status of the foot
- Sports injuries
- Biomechanical assessment and orthotic prescription for painful conditions such as plantar fasciitis
- Soft tissue surgery, for a variety of conditions such as painful ingrown toenails
- Injection therapy for a variety of conditions
If you have a questions or concerns regarding your feet please contact our office at email@example.com or visit our website
Benjamin Hobers, D.Ch.
Milton Orthotic & Wellness Centre